Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where I am right now...

This is going to be a combo of things/topics about where I am in life right now...

First off sorry for being MIA (blog wise) for so long...long story

Anywho, this summer has been an interesting one, but through all the hurdles it has been one that most likely has taught me the most and taken me to where I need to begin the next stage in my life. First off I would like to start off by thanking the people in my life, If it wasn't for y'all I don't know WHERE in the world I would've been or HOW I would've made it through this summer.

My family, I definitely don't have the closest or the most lovey dovey family in the world, we got our issues, but this year I have grown closer to them, especially my siblings, than I have EVER been. I suppose that came with age but I truly do love them to death even with all the problems we might have. My oldest sister has been a constant life line for me and she always put us first over herself...she is JUST like my mom even though I don't think she realizes it. I've never told her but I really do look up to her and always have. As for my little bro, I need to step up and really be the big brother that he needs..I have a lot of work to do to get my relationship with him right.

My LBs..Ashton, Mejoy, BK, DL...You 4 have NO idea how much love I have for yall or maybe you do. My mom understands very well that she has 6 sons lol. DL proud as hell of that guy, Scholar, Athlete, Gentlemen...he'll always be my big ass lil brother lmao..BK, glad that dude is on my side, even though he's gonna end up in hell LMAO he knows why (Is this the football game?-BK) Dude had me dying from laughing so hard. Mejoy, I'm the Ace so he's my shadow (irony)..fellow road dawg...Owe this dude a lot!...Ashton, that deuce...love giving this dude a hard time lol (Bruhz let's make moves) lmao..

My roommates..Justin, David, J-Rabb, Sam...besides the 2 groups up top no one else knows me better than these guys. They might be second after my LBs..that's deep. Even though we are done living together (all of us) we'll always be 1105 or 311...Y'all gotta admit I'm not as hard headed as I used to be Lmao.

Friendship TRULY is very essential to the soul. I would be in a very very dark place in my life if it wasn't for the friends that I have to shine the light I need to keep my on successful path. In the past 8 years I've met some GREAT friends and I look forward to meeting more and strengthening the bond I have with some of you.

..........................................

We have about one month until the 2011-12 school year starts, this will be my final year at the U of MN. It's been a great ride but I'm definitely ready to graduate and start the next stage in my life "The real world"..but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They says this is usually the hardest year, the final lap...My whole mindset and plan was to be MIA and concentrate on me, be a little selfish because honestly I feel like I have been spreading myself waaay too thin. Don't get me wrong I have no regrets because with every org, every major I picked up, every job I got I gained a lot of experience and it has had a lot to do with the man I am today. Anywho, I think my plan to disappear has kinda gone out the door; responsibilities that cannot be ignored. I'm ok with it, because I'm good with who I am. I'm always going to be that guy that wants to try new things and do everything, meet new people and have fun. I am who I am.

Many of you might have heard that my best friend got married July 30th to his HS sweetheart...congrats to him and his beautiful wife..wish them nothing but the best. They moved to St. cloud where she works now. They better believe I'll be there soon to visit lol. A lot of my HS friends and UofMN friends are getting married and starting families..y'all are making me feel like I'm behind lol..anywho the relationship Eric has with his wife...it's the one I look up to...if I am fortunate enough to even have half of that I'd be a happy man. That's 7yrs they had together and now many more to come. With all the 3 degree I get from my mom and some of my friends got me thinking it's time I start to get more serious about relationships. I definitely want to, but I have a lot of things to workout for myself before I can share my life with someone, it just wouldn't be fair to them. Hell I'm only 22 (contrary to what some of yall might think -_- )

....................................

I have this plan in my head after graduation...I recently started working for Wells Fargo, at first I figured it was just a part time job to pay the bills...but they did a great job of selling me on a great company..so I plan on working up the ladder for a few years 3-5yr plan then I want to move out East to go to grad school, getting my MBA is not negotiable..It WILL happen. I'm thinking NY or DC maybe PA...that's plan A, plan B involves me moving out of the country for grad school. I see myself in London or France after 3-5yrs working on my Masters. I haven't done a lot of research for plan B yet but it's an option I can see myself pursuing.

One thing that I have to say is that I expect to be great..and as Deion Sanders (who just got inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight) said in his speech "Start Expecting what you Desire" One of the all time greats and this is definitely advice by which I will be living. 


I dunno what or when the next blog will be, this one was just a bunch of random thoughts hope you enjoyed it...if not...sorry? 


---maQUEvelli

1 comment:

  1. *applauds, with tears streaming*

    That's really good that you have a plan Jokondo. Seriously. Most people our age (35 lol) don't know what they want to do after college, and don't have a set plan of the things that they want to achieve in their lives. For you to be so sure with yourself and have a plan A and/or plan B, as well as knowing that one day you want to share your life with a special someone is a really big deal and really great achievement in itself, for someone our age. It's hard to find an educated black man with no kids, finishing school and having a set plan and goals for his life.

    I'm glad we became "friends" this year. LOL! You're a great guy and I hope this friendship continues!!

    PS if you do move to France or London I'll see ya there!

    ReplyDelete